About a week 1/2 ago, I became the proud recipient of a wound vac in order take care of my perpetuating open incision that just wouldn't close on it's own. In order to help heal the incision quicker (they say by half the time it would take w/o it), I have to keep negative pressure through the wound to help it heal from the inside out. This is what the wound vac does. I have to wear it 24/7 and change out the sponge, tube, and tape every other day. Although, it can appear to be more things than a wound vacuum, it should help me meet the goal of starting to bear weight on my foot in two weeks. Saw Dr. Beals two days ago and x-rays show alignment is good. I was surprised to see how big the subtalar fusion screws are. 85mm (3 3/8 in.) True test is when I start bearing weight and see how things settle over time. Val gave me my first joint mobilization yesterday and I have the go ahead to start moving things around.
As Val and Brian are down south backpacking Sand Wash with some friends, I am hanging solo for the weekend. Anyone wanna hang out? I wanna hang out. Let me know 'cause I'm already hanging out and there's no reason for you to hang out and me to hang out on our own. Oh boy,... here we go...


DAMN! I TOTALLY want to hang out. I guess it's too late now though. Or is it?
ReplyDeleteBecca, it's never too late to hang out with me!! I promise to keep it uncovered - my foot that is.
ReplyDeletea. heidi is here by eric to recuperate with the grandchildren. Doing real great. That wound of yours does give me the "ebbie jeebis (sp). I'm sure it looks better than it did before. Toby, wish I could hang out with you! Regrettably you are too far away. Hang in there!. Love you, a. heidi
ReplyDelete