Thursday, July 16, 2009

Progress!!!... slightly

Here's the latest look. Yeah, muscle mass has a waaays to go. Had the doc. appt. yesterday. X-rays look good as far as new bone filling in the shadows.
Right leg: Boot off for good. Can start weight bearing 25% of weight and/or duration. Stood for a few seconds yesterday at the 1st therapy session and took a few baby steps with crutches and the therapist and Val assisting. A big milestone but it didn't come w/o significant pain, unbalanced, and dizzyness. It did get better after a few tries but then heel bone pain set in. Tried it again last evening and it was much harder b/c of pain. Quite an emotional experience - to stand at 6' for the 1st time in 9 weeks. The accident flashed before my eyes. I guess b/c that was the last time I stood up? The room looked quite different and I felt very tall, especially over Val who was mostly holding me up.
Left Leg: Swelling is down. Scars looked good. Very stiff but that's not surprising. Have a fiberglass cast for 3 weeks then I go into a boot (the same as what was on the right). Probably will start range-of-motion excercises around then but again contingent on x-rays.
Brian says "hi" but only mumbled it b/c he didn't want to let the beaver out of his mouth!

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure those legs would win a beauty contest but who cares as long as they will work again soon. Momteed

    ReplyDelete