Made it home on Wednesday, the 15th and I have reassumed the familiar position on the couch in the living room. I think I will have endured all four seasons in this position in the last 19 months. My nerve block wore off Wednesday evening which resulted in a restless night and switch to oxycodones. Thursday was probably the most painful day so far while transitioning off of the nerve block. However, since then my pain has been quite manageable. At this point, I had more pain prior to the surgery from walking on my foot than post surgery and keeping it elevated. All in all, things are going quite well and that gives me some relief finally. I am avoiding taking painkillers as much as possible and I think the last oxy I took was a day and a half ago.
Again, we are fortunate and blessed to have so many friends and family checking in or coming by and helping us out. Thanks all!
Oh yeah, GO PACKERS!

I knew you were having ankle replacement surgery, i did not know you were going to be delivering a dog.
ReplyDeleteHa Ha hee hee ho ho!!
ReplyDeleteYeah, problem is now that dog's arse is 6 inches from my head and has been farting on me all night. Hence, no sleep. He has since been removed from the couch...