Monday, July 26, 2010

2nd Wedding Anniversary

We decided to celebrate our 2nd year wedding anniversary on an overnight camping trip and it turned out to be a really good idea. 1st camp trip for me since the night before my accident, 14 months ago.


We went to the Manti La Sal National Forest just east of Manti, UT. It's pretty much about the exact center of the state.

This is Skyline Drive which traverses N/S for about 40 miles and near 10,000 feet of elevation.



Val bought us a new 7 person tent and this was our first time setting it up. Well, ok, I sat and read the instructions most of the time. Why a 7 person tent, one might wonder...?

So, we can put our air mattress, dog bed, and excessive camping gear in it!

View from where Val would go get the firewood. I stayed quite close to camp b/c my feet don't work so well.

Brian chasing a plane that was flying overhead into the sunset.

They circled the camp site several times...

I luckily had a transmitter in the back of the truck
and I was able to lure the plane into my hand! Turned out to be a lot smaller than we thought. Brian had to vie for attention once the plane was captured.

Notin' like corn on the cob over an open fire!
Yep.

Steak, potatoes, corn, bread & cheese, and moon rise dinner.
Tent has a cooler door. Brian used it as a doggy-door (o.k. we forced him a bit) and was quite graceful when he used it.
Since I still have to keep my foot dry, this is the next best position I could come with to cool off in the water.
Awe... Happy Anniversary to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment